"... life must be good up here in the Lakes Region, where hardwoods, birches and tall pines fight for space along the waterfront of the largest body of water in New England, 73 square miles of gorgeous frontage with summer cottages that draw vacationers from Boston and everywhere south for swimming, boating and sailing, and lobster sunsets." Mike Mulhern - Journal Reporter, Loudon, NH
At the Bay Side Inn you can enjoy swimming and boating, or relax on our sundeck at the water's edge. We have boat docking facilities for guests who would like to bring their own watercraft, or we have a full line of watercraft rentals available at our docks including powerboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Visit us at Lake Side Boat Rentals for more information.
Spring thaw brings incredible fishing that continues through the Summer and Fall. Fall in the Lakes Region is alive with color. You can explore the most beautiful scenery you may ever see!
Here are some sports and activities to explore:
- Bicycling, jogging, and rollerblading - Rt 11D is ideal for these sports.
- Boating - The lake is 28 miles long and has numerous islands and villages to visit!
- Fishing - Bass, salmon and trout are abundant in Lake Winnipesaukee. You can aquire a license at one of the marinas located in the center of Alton Bay.
- Golf - There are several courses within a short distance from the Bay Side Inn.
- Hiking - Mt. Major trail, a three-minute ride from the Inn, has excellent trails with fantastic panoramic views from the top of the mountain.
- Swimming - A large area for swimming, a floating raft, and for the little ones who prefer to play in the sand, we have a great sandbox!
- Excursion Boat - Sailing excursions on the 230-foot M/S Mt. Washington, departs from Wolfeboro and Alton Bay.